home.social

#cardiffcrowncourt — Public Fediverse posts

Live and recent posts from across the Fediverse tagged #cardiffcrowncourt, aggregated by home.social.

  1. £15 Driver Convicted in Mistaken Identity Killing

    Tony Porter, 69, convicted for driving gang members involved in Joanne Penney's mistaken identity murder in South Wales. He was paid £15. What happens next?

    #MistakenIdentity, #CardiffCrownCourt, #OrganisedCrime, #JoannePenney, #TonyPorter

    newsletter.tf/tony-porter-conv

  2. £15 Driver Convicted in Mistaken Identity Killing

    Tony Porter, 69, convicted for driving gang members involved in Joanne Penney's mistaken identity murder in South Wales. He was paid £15. What happens next?

    #MistakenIdentity, #CardiffCrownCourt, #OrganisedCrime, #JoannePenney, #TonyPorter

    newsletter.tf/tony-porter-conv

  3. FIREBUG TEENS SENTENCED after Bridgend arson attack caught on CCTV

    Ellis Lloyd, 19, from Cefn Cribwr, and Taran Mills, 18, from North Cornelly, were sentenced today (March 17) at Cardiff Crown Court.

    Lloyd was jailed for 34 months in a young offender institution, while Mills received a 24-month sentence suspended for two years.

    Both had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of arson.

    Ellis Lloyd, 19, from Cefn Cribwr, has been sentenced after admitting two counts of arson.
    (Image: South Wales Police)

    Car deliberately targeted

    The court heard the incident happened in Brackla, Bridgend, in December 2025.

    Emergency services were called after two cars were found on fire in a residential area.

    CCTV footage later showed a Nissan Pixo circling the estate before the pair got out and approached an Audi Q5 parked on a driveway.

    Hammer and petrol used

    One of the teenagers was carrying a hammer, while the other had a jerry can.

    They smashed the rear window of the vehicle before pouring in accelerant and setting it alight.

    The fire quickly spread to a neighbouring car.

    In a dramatic moment caught on CCTV, one of the pair was seen fleeing the scene after his coat also caught fire.

    CCTV footage shows the moment a car was set alight in Brackla, with flames quickly spreading to a neighbouring vehicle.
    (Image: South Wales Police)

    Police: “Senseless actions”

    Detective Constable Sarah Jenkins, of South Wales Police, said the attack could have had far more serious consequences.

    “The senseless actions of Lloyd and Mills could have got somebody seriously injured, and they will have known this when they were committing the offence,” she said.

    “I hope their sentences give them the time they need to reflect on their actions.”

    CCTV helped secure convictions

    Officers were able to identify the pair through CCTV footage captured in the moments leading up to the fire.

    Both defendants later admitted the offences and were sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court.

    #Arson #Brackla #Bridgend #CardiffCrownCourt #CCTV #CefnCribwr #Crime #Jailed #NorthCornelly #SouthWalesPolice #YoungOffendersInstitution
  4. JAILED: Llanelli man who ignored victim’s pleas during flat attack sentenced to six years

    Jason Bailey, now of Llanelli but formerly of Porthcawl, was sentenced today (March 17) at Cardiff Crown Court.

    He had been found guilty of rape and assault following a trial relating to an incident on August 28, 2023.

    Victim repeatedly said “no”

    The court heard Bailey had previously approached the woman asking for “no strings fun”, which she rejected.

    During the attack at the flat, the victim repeatedly told him “no” as he approached her.

    Bailey ignored her refusals, pinned her down and carried out the assault.

    Afterwards, he told her: “Between us, yeah?”

    The victim later told friends, who contacted police.

    Lasting impact on victim

    In a victim personal statement, the woman described the impact the attack has had on her life.

    She said she struggled to get out of bed, experienced flashbacks and developed anxiety and depression.

    “I felt so angry at myself and blamed myself,” she said.

    “I thought I could fight back but have struggled to come to terms with my reaction.”

    Police praise victim’s bravery

    Detective Constable Ashley Colston, of South Wales Police, said: “Jason Bailey was under no illusion that the acts he carried out were illegal, yet he did so anyway.

    “Bailey exploited a power imbalance and thrived off it.

    “We commend the bravery of the victim who came forward and helped secure this conviction.”

    Court: “You did not take no for an answer”

    Sentencing, the judge described the offence as an “opportunistic” sexual attack.

    “You took the opportunity to force yourself upon her and did not take no for an answer,” the court heard.

    Bailey was also made subject to an indefinite restraining order and will remain on the sex offenders register for life.

    The court heard Bailey had no previous convictions, although he had received a caution in the past. Mitigation referenced personal and family difficulties, but the court said the seriousness of the offence required an immediate custodial sentence.

    #CardiffCrownCourt #court #Crime #Jailed #Llanelli #Porthcawl #rape #RapeCase #SouthWalesPolice