home.social

#buildingsandstructures — Public Fediverse posts

Live and recent posts from across the Fediverse tagged #buildingsandstructures, aggregated by home.social.

fetched live
  1. Photograph, J.Wood (Tailor) and W.J.Winter (Saddler) Building, Wyndham, 1896, 1896?

    This photograph is of the shops built in 1896 by Patrick Traynor for John Wood (Tailor) and W. J. Winter (Saddler) in Balaclava Street, Wyndham, opposite to where the Three Rivers Hotel is situated now.
    Wyndham & Districts Historical Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/4809

    #PeopleAndFamilies #BuildingsAndStructures #BusinessAndRetail #1890s #Organic #H99MmXW144Mm

  2. Photograph, Templeton & Walker Bros, 1908

    This is a photograph of Templeton & Walker Bros coach-builders, farriers, wheelwrights and general blacksmiths store. The company took over the premise in 1904, its previous owners being Afflecks. Afflecks stated at the time of the takeover, that with 'Davie' at the helm and Mr Walker a Bath & Co. trained first-class wheelwright from Invercargill, they believed their long and established busine...
    Otautau Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5805

    #BuildingsAndStructures #BusinessAndRetail #1910s #Organic

  3. Plate, Otautau Catholic Church

    This is a photograph, probably taken in 1905, is of the newly constructed Otautau St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church. Prior to its construction the Catholic parishioners of Otautau would have had to travel to Riverton to hear Mass. The Church was built on Main Street by local builder Joseph Swap in 1904 with the official opening taking place on the 9th March 1905. With greater leisure time an...
    Otautau Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5805

    #BuildingsAndStructures #1900s #ReligionAndBelief #Inorganic #Museum

  4. Photograph, Otautau Railway Station, 1913-1938

    This is a photograph of the Otautau Railway Station. The first Railway Hotel can be seen opposite the Station behind the trees to the left of centre. About the Line and Station: The Otautau Railway line opened on the 15th December 1879 and is still in current operation (2018), transporting coal from the Takitimu Mine down through the Wairio Line to be delivered to Canterbury's Clandeboybe Dairy...
    Otautau Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5805

    #BuildingsAndStructures #Transportation #1910s #Organic

  5. Postcard, Anglican Church Wyndham, 1893-1900

    This is a sepia photograph of the Wyndham Anglican Church. The first Anglican Church in Wyndham was erected in 1893. Prior to this services were held in the Oddfelllows Hall. The church was built on the corner of Redan and Inkerman Streets and was opened by the Rev. F.W.Martin. Services were held each Sunday, alternating with Matins and Evensong. A service of Holy Communion was held monthly. At the first Confirmation service, held in 1896, five men and three women were confirmed.
    Wyndham & Districts Historical Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/4809

    #Communication #BuildingsAndStructures #ReligionAndBelief #1890s #Organic #H137MmXW86Mm

  6. Photograph, Birchwood Homestead, 1870-1905

    This is a photograph of the Birchwood Homestead. About the House: The Birchwood Homestead was a two-storey house made of kahikatea. Built in the early 1860s, the house remained for over 100-years, but in the 1990s the house was demolished as it was full of borer. Birchwood in the early days: Named by the first run-holder on the land, Freeman Rayney Jackson, in 1863 the land was subdivided int...
    Otautau Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5805

    #BuildingsAndStructures #1880s #1890s #1870s #1900s #Organic

  7. Photograph, Woman and old building., 1930-1940

    Unfortunately, there is no name or description of this image. The building behind the woman does not appear to be in good condition and was possibly a glasshouse.
    Te Hikoi Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5141

    #PeopleAndFamilies #BuildingsAndStructures #Buildings #Organic #Image #Museum #Museums

  8. Photograph, Otautau Coronation Hall

    This is a photograph of the Otautau Coronation Hall taken in 1912, not long after its completion with the building material still visible lying outside to the left of the building. The Hall was officially opened in August 1912. The Coronation Hall known as the second or new town hall was built on the site of the old Athanaeum. The government gave a grant to help with its construction in the ho...
    Otautau Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/5805

    #BuildingsAndStructures #1910s #Organic #Museums

  9. Photograph, Richardson's Horse Bazaar Redan Street, 1890-1900

    This is a photograph of 3 gigs and 6 dogs outside Richardson's Stables. About the Stables: Samuel Richardson arrived in Wyndham in 1878. In 1881, he was engaged by R.A. Elliot to manage Elliot's livery and coaching stables. Samuel also drove the Edendale coach. In 1882, Samuel, in partnership with Richard Horne purchased the business. Richard died of pneumonia sometime later and the business became known as Richardson's Stables. Richardson's coaches met six trains daily at Edendale and ran a coach to Fortrose three times a week. Samuel died in 1897 and his widow, Sarah, continued to run the business with her brother, W Cruickshank, as Manager. Sarah and Samuel's son, William, later took over. The Family sold the business in 1912.
    Wyndham & Districts Historical Museum via DigitalNZ

    api.digitalnz.org/records/4808

    #BuildingsAndStructures #Animals #1890s #ProcessedMaterial #H252MmXW300mm