home.social

#republicofthecongonews — Public Fediverse posts

Live and recent posts from across the Fediverse tagged #republicofthecongonews, aggregated by home.social.

  1. New Ebola outbreak in Congo kills dozens as Uganda confirms separate case

    Africa CDC, the continent's top public health body, on Friday confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo's remote Ituri province, with 246 suspected cases and 65 deaths recorded so far.

    cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-outbre

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #UgandaNews #Ebola #Uganda #News

  2. New Ebola outbreak in Congo kills dozens as Uganda confirms separate case

    Africa CDC, the continent's top public health body, on Friday confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo's remote Ituri province, with 246 suspected cases and 65 deaths recorded so far.

    cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-outbre

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #UgandaNews #Ebola #Uganda #News

  3. New Ebola outbreak in Congo kills dozens as Uganda confirms separate case

    Africa CDC, the continent's top public health body, on Friday confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo's remote Ituri province, with 246 suspected cases and 65 deaths recorded so far.

    cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-outbre

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #UgandaNews #Ebola #Uganda #News

  4. New Ebola outbreak in Congo kills dozens as Uganda confirms separate case

    Africa CDC, the continent's top public health body, on Friday confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo's remote Ituri province, with 246 suspected cases and 65 deaths recorded so far.

    cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-outbre

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #UgandaNews #Ebola #Uganda #News

  5. Around 30 dead in Congo capital flooding

    Around 30 people have died in flooding in Democratic Republic of Congo’s capital Kinshasa, the provincial health minister said on Sunday, as torrential rains over the weekend destroyed homes and roads. “The death toll is provisional, but so far there are around thirty dead,” Patricien Gongo Abakazi told Reuters. The Ndjili River, which runs [...]

    fbcnews.com.fj/world/around-30

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  6. Congo M23 rebels say they will withdraw from seized town to support peace push

    Rwanda-backed M23 rebels staging an offensive in east Congo said on Saturday they would withdraw forces from the seized town of Walikale in support of peace efforts, having previously said they were leaving troops there as they pushed on to the capital.

    rfi.fr/en/africa/20250323-cong

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  7. M23 rebels enter another eastern Congo town

    Rwanda-backed M23 rebels pressed deeper into Congolese territory a day after Congo and Rwanda’s presidents called for an immediate ceasefire, entering the outskirts of the town of Walikale late on Wednesday, residents told Reuters. Gunfire was ringing out from near the town’s Nyabangi neighbourhood, said Walikale resident Janvier Kabutwa. [...]

    fbcnews.com.fj/world/m23-rebel

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  8. M23 rebels withdraw from Congo peace talks

    M23 rebels said they were pulling out of talks with the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo because European Union sanctions earlier in the day against Rwandan officials "undermined" talks.

    dw.com/en/m23-rebels-withdraw-

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  9. Rwanda, Belgium cut ties over DR Congo conflict

    Rwanda on Monday severed diplomatic ties with Belgium and expelled all Belgian diplomats from the country. A Rwandan foreign ministry statement said the European nation had "consistently undermined" Kigali "during the ongoing conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo". Belgium called the [...]

    france24.com/en/live-news/2025

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #Rwanda #RwandaNews #Belgium #BelgiumNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  10. More than 100 women raped and burned alive in DR Congo jailbreak

    More than 100 female prisoners were raped and then burned alive during a jailbreak in the Congolese city of Goma, according to the UN. Hundreds of prisoners broke out of Munzenze prison last Monday, after fighters from the M23 rebel group began to take over the city. Between 165 and 167 women were assaulted by […]

    fbcnews.com.fj/world/more-than

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  11. DR Congo says Rwanda army in Goma

    Congolese government spokesperson Patrick Muyaya said Kinshasa wanted to prevent "carnage," with Rwanda's forces in the east of the country. It comes after the M23 group claimed to have taken the city of Goma.

    dw.com/en/dr-congo-says-rwanda

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #Rwanda #RwandaNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News

  12. UN chief urges Rwanda to pull out of DR Congo as M23 rebels enter outskirts of key city

    United Nations chief Antonio Guterres urged Rwanda to withdraw its forces from the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo where fierce fighting raged as Kigali-backed fighters closed in on the major city of Goma. For more information, FRANCE 24 's Gavin Lee interviewed Khadi [...]

    france24.com/en/video/20250126

    #RepublicoftheCongo #RepublicoftheCongoNews #Rwanda #RwandaNews #RepublicOfTheCongo #News